Saturday, January 28, 2012

Details on Patrick's Memorial Service

I've just received confirmation that Patrick's memorial service will be held this Friday, February 3rd at 11:00am at The Falls Church, 115 E. Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA 22046. (Phone 703/532-7600.)

For directions, please see: http://www.thefallschurch.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=31319.
For parking, please reference: http://www.thefallschurch.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=63259.

There will be some sort of reception following the service in the fellowship hall. If there are other details to send along, I will, but I think this should suffice for now.

It's a sweet honor to have our service in the Main Sanctuary of The Falls Church, where Patrick and I first met in 2005, when I was working on staff with Kairos, their (then) young adults ministry. I fondly remember him helping me set-up for the service and collect lingering worship pamphlets after our Sunday evening worship times. I suppose it's a "coming home" of sorts, on multiple levels.

Please join us if you can!

**Please note that there will not be a nursery available, but given that Patrick LOVED little ones, I know he'd want you to feel free to bring them into the service. There are various lobbies outside of the Main Sanctuary, where the service will be held, that telecast the service on TV screens for your viewing pleasure, should you need to step out for any reason.

**Please also note that this service will likely last about 90 minutes with a reception following, so those of you taking an extended lunch break to join us, please know you won't be heading back to the office (or to your home) on an empty stomach!

1 comment:

  1. We will be there. Would not miss it.
    Love u
    Linds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your prayers!